We acknowledge that mainstream Secondary education doesn’t suit every child. As such we have developed our Flexible Learning Pathway to provide opportunities for success for all students.
In 2020 we have two Flexible Learning Pathway Classes:
Access for Year 7&8 students: The focus of this class is on re-engaging students in regular school activities and routine. The primary foci relates to developing students’ literacy, numeracy and social and emotional capacities. This class is designed to better facilitate student transition into mainstream schooling options.
Work Ready for Year 10-12 students: The focus of the WorkReady program is to equip students with the tools they will need to become effective and valuable members of a workplace. The program supports students in building skills for further training and employment in the following ways:
- Pre-apprenticeship literacy and numeracy development.
- Portfolio development including résumés and covering letters.
- Health and well-being courses/programs, including fitness for work.
- Endorsed and VET programs
- Big Picture education: Individualised Student Projects in areas of interest.