Carnarvon Primary School was first established in 1885 close to the centre of town. Carnarvon Senior High was initially opened as a junior high school in 1954 in close proximity to the primary school. Later in 1974 it was upgraded to become a senior high school. In 1968 East Carnarvon Primary School was established 4 kilometres from the town centre. It had further upgrades in the 1970s and 1980s.
The official closing of all three separate schools was at the end of 2012.
In 2013 Carnarvon Primary School, East Carnarvon Primary School and Carnarvon Senior High School amalgamated to form one public school, known as Carnarvon Community College. Carnarvon Primary school became the Egan Campus, East Carnarvon Primary School the Marmion Campus and Carnarvon Senior High School the Cleaver Campus. During this time Marmion Campus was the nominated site to be redeveloped to accommodate all the necessary facilities for K to Year 12.
Stage 1 of the multi-million-dollar build was completed at the beginning of 2014. Facilities included an Early Childhood Block, Junior Primary Block, Dental Clinic and Trade Trading Centre. The students from Egan Campus joined the students on the Marmion Campus for the start of the 2014 school year.
In 2018, Stage 2 of the build replaced the existing primary classrooms with a new primary teaching block, Music and Art specialist classrooms and an Administration block.
The final construction, Stage 3, was completed in July 2019. The new secondary facilities include specialist teaching and learning blocks, a football oval, Performing Arts and Music centre and a Sports Hall. The original Marmion classrooms were upgraded and refurbished for Student Services, Clontarf Academy, Shooting Stars and Follow the Dream.
On 24th July 2019 we celebrated a monumental event as the secondary students from Cleaver Campus joined our primary students on Marmion Campus. All of our staff and students were finally united on one campus, Carnarvon Community College.