The Carnarvon Community College dress code was developed by the school in accordance with the Department of Education’s policy and guidelines on dress standards for students in public schools. It is established to promote a positive, safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
Our dress code consists of:
- Carnarvon Community College polo shirt
- Either Carnarvon Community College branded or plain black shorts/skorts or pants
- Carnarvon Community College jacket
The College believes the dress code:
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the school
- Encourages and assists in building a team and school spirit
- Establishes equity among students and prepares students for work in later life
- Ensures students are appropriately dressed for specific school activities
The College Council endorsed the following guidelines which apply to the student dress code at Carnarvon Community College except in unusual and/or temporary circumstances.
- No logos of an offensive or obscene nature to be worn on clothing.
- Clothing that does not adhere to health standards, (i.e. halter necks, tank tops, bike pants, singlets) are not to be worn.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn.
- For safety reasons, students’ jewellery should be kept to a minimum.
NO HAT NO PLAY POLICY APPLIES TO ALL PRIMARY STUDENTS AT THE COLLEGE FOR THE WHOLE YEAR.
We seek the cooperation of parents in ensuring that all students come to school in full uniform.